Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: Ecuador: Agriculture at the Equator
Ambato, Ecuador; Otavalo, Ecuador; Pillaro, Ecuador; Puyo, Ecuador; Quito, Ecuador (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||WKU applicants only|
|Number of Credits:||3||Credit Type:||WKU Credit|
|Field of Study:||AGRICULTURE||Minimum GPA:||Good Academic Standing with WKU|
|Program Catagory:||WKU Faculty Led||Faculty Leader:||Dennis, Roger|
|Colonnade Credit:||No||Class Eligibility:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior, 5. Graduate|
AGRICULTURE AT THE EQUATOR
Students will gain an appreciation for the land and climate of Ecuador, the political, religious, and cultural issues that affect the agriculture sector and Ecuador’s relationship with the global community. Students are exposed to elements of the historical and contemporary dynamics of economic development, oil, politics, ethnic identity, and social and environmental concerns throughout the Andean Highlands and the Amazonian jungle.
Dr. Roger Dennis - firstname.lastname@example.org
Second Leader TBD
AGRI 475/675: Agriculture at the Equator (3 credit hours)
**Special note: The credit hours for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Spring or Fall Semester Faculty-Led Study Abroad will count as regular semester hours; therefore, students who are part-time or are enrolled in over 18 credit hours are subject to additional charges. Please visit the following website for more information: https://www.wku.edu/bursar/home-tuition-fees.php**
- Undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing.
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
- Students must complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. We suggest you start this application process immediately and respond to all emails promptly.