Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: Ecuador: Agriculture at the Equator
Ambato, Ecuador; Otavalo, Ecuador; Pillaro, Ecuador; Puyo, Ecuador; Quito, Ecuador (Outgoing Program)
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2016||11/01/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Number of Credits:||3||Field of Study:||AGRICULTURE|
|Minimum GPA:||Good Academic Standing with WKU||Faculty Leader:||Dennis, Roger, Gonzales, Linda|
AGRICULTURE AT THE EQUATOR
Students will gain an appreciation for the land and climate of Ecuador, the political, religious, and cultural issues that affect the agriculture sector and Ecuador’s relationship with the global community. Students are exposed to elements of the historical and contemporary dynamics of economic development, oil, politics, ethnic identity, and social and environmental concerns throughout the Andean Highlands and the Amazonian jungle.
AGRI 475/475G: Agriculture and Development in Ecuador (3 credit hours)
**Special note: The credit hours for undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in Spring or Fall Semester Faculty-Led Study Abroad will count as regular semester hours; therefore, students who are part-time or are enrolled in over 18 credit hours are subject to additional charges. Please visit the following website for more information: https://www.wku.edu/bursar/home-tuition-fees.php**
- Undergraduate or graduate student in good academic standing.
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
- Students must complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. We suggest you start this application process immediately and respond to all emails promptly.