Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: French Culture and Leadership
Lyon, France (Outgoing Program)
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Winter||2017||11/01/2016 **||Rolling Admission||01/03/2017||01/12/2017|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Number of Credits:||3||Field of Study:||LEADERSHIP STUDIES, MANAGEMENT|
|Minimum GPA:||Good Academic Standing with WKU||Program Catagory:||WKU Faculty Led|
|Faculty Leader:||Capps, Randy|
Students will have the unique opportunity of traveling to France to attend an International Leadership Seminar at IAE Lyon that attracts leaders in industry and education from around the world. Seminar professors in past years have hailed from all over Europe, Asia, the Middle East, North and South America, Australia, and New Zealand. Along with graduate students at IAE Lyon, WKU students select from and fully participate in a series of several day seminars that cover a broad range of management and leadership topics. Co-leaders Capps and Norman meet with students to discuss seminar topics that align with their professional and research interests congruent with the Educational Leadership Doctoral Program. The co-leaders also coordinate meetings between WKU students and international instructors to encourage possible future international research opportunities or other related international experiences.
- EDLD 796: International Aspects of Educational Leadership - Randy Capps (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dr. Randy Capps - email@example.com
- Articulate new knowledge and demonstrate skills related to a leadership topic, including unique learning and new understanding as a consequence of interacting with an international professor and IAE Lyon students.
- Articulate how this international experience has positively influenced their understanding of other cultures, particularly as related to their concept of leadership.
- Demonstrate and reflect on their growth in leadership knowledge, growth in cultural understanding, and new thinking related to their research and/or professional development through a written paper.
- Present and discuss their growth in leadership knowledge, growth in cultural understanding, and new thinking related to their research and/or professional development with their peers.
Hotel: Park & Suites Prestige Lyon Part Dieu
- Doctoral student in good standing
- Graduate student in good standing (with permission of instructor).
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
- Students must complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. We suggest you start this application process immediately and respond to all emails promptly
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.