Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: Partners in Caring-Kenya
Nairobi, Kenya; Rukanga, Kenya; Tiwi, Kenya; Voi, Kenya (Outgoing Program)
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2017||04/01/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Number of Credits:||3||Field of Study:||BIOLOGY|
|Program Catagory:||WKU Faculty Led||Faculty Leader:||Rice, Nancy|
KENYA: PARTNERS IN CARING
Students interested in this program should speak to Dr. Nancy Rice BEFORE starting a study abroad application process
This program will be capped at 15 participants.
Dr. Nancy Rice - email@example.com
Students must participate in an introductory course in the Spring Semester in order to participate in the program during the summer. Please contact Dr. Nancy Rice for more information.
Students must enroll in:
- Spring Semester - BIOL 475 (1 hour)
- Summer Term - BIOL 485 (3 hours)
At the end of this course students will have
- acquired basic knowledge of Kenyan culture, geography, language, biodiversity, health care, and the epidemiology of prevalent disease
- gained practical training in medical assessment and rudimentary physical therapy
- know the logistical information for the field course
- prepared themselves through readings and discussion for full cultural immersion during the associated field course in Kenya
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Priority will be given to pre-health profession majors and Junior or Senior status
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
- Students must complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. We suggest you start this application process immediately and respond to all emails promptly
Click on Program Details for the most up-to-date information: