Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
World Topper Scholarship
|Restrictions:||WKU applicants only|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Academic Year||2018-2019||03/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Fall||2018||03/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|Summer||2018||03/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
|NOTE: The priority deadline is 2/15/2018. Students who apply by that date will receive early notification and may receive more funding than those who apply by the final deadline.|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
World Topper Scholarship
The World Topper Scholarship is administered by the Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning with the goal of providing financial support to students pursuing credit-bearing education abroad opportunities.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
- Degree-seeking WKU student, SKY Dual Enrollment student, or Gatton Academy student
- Approved through the SAGL application process to participate in a credit-bearing international experience
- Not employed by WKU in a benefits-eligible faculty or staff position (part-time and student employees are eligible for the scholarship)
While not required, priority will be give to students who meet the following criteria when determining scholarship awards:
- Strong connection between the selected study abroad program and personal, academic, and career goals
- First-time study abroad experience
- Applying by the priority deadline (applicable to summer term only)
- Long programs
Deadlines are based the term of your study abroad program and are as follows:
- Winter or spring term: October 1st
- Priority deadline: February 15th
- Final deadline: March 15th
- Fall and Academic Year: March 15th
Notification and Disbursement Timeline - Award notifications typically go out 4-6 weeks after the scholarship deadline. Recipients receive their scholarship through Topnet for the term of study abroad. Funds are disbursed with other financial aid on the date indicated by the Office of Student Financial Assistance for the given term.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- Select the term of your study abroad program.
- Complete the application form and agree to the scholarship terms.
- Submit your application by the stated deadline.