Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: Chinese Immersion Experience
Beijing, China; Shanghai, China (Outgoing Program)
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2017||04/01/2017 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Number of Credits:||3, 6||Field of Study:||CHINESE|
|Minimum GPA:||Good Academic Standing with WKU||Program Catagory:||WKU Faculty Led|
|Faculty Leader:||Peng, Ke, Wang, Hua||Colonnade Credit:||Yes|
This 4-week language program immerses students in Chinese language and culture through rigorous coursework and hands-on cultural practices such as taiji, Chinese calligraphy, and traditional dancing.
Students can earn 3 or 3 hours in:
- CHIN 102: Elementary Chinese II
- CHIN 108: Chinese Calligraphy*
- CHIN 306: Experiencing Chinese Abroad
- Graduate student in good standing (Graduate Catalog p.30).
- Undergraduate students with 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.