Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: Ireland: Landscapes of the Supernatural
Drogheda, Ireland; Dublin, Ireland; Killarney, Ireland; Roscrea, Ireland; Waterford, Ireland (Outgoing Program)
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2015||04/06/2015 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Number of Credits:||3||Field of Study:||FOLK STUDIES, GEOGRAPHY|
|Minimum GPA:||Good Academic Standing with WKU||Faculty Leader:||Buechler, Jacob, Greunke, Erin|
Students will be introduced to concepts in folklore and cultural geography through the exploration of supernatural landscapes that are interspersed within the Emerald Isle. Students will see first-hand how Ireland’s mixture of rich history and culture lend to fascinating folklore traditions within a geographic context. Topics and materials covered in this program will help students attain an appreciation of the complexity and variety of supernatural beliefs and practices in Ireland’s culture and geography through academic and sensory analysis.
Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.