Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: Health, Wellness, and Social Welfare in Sweden
Munkfors, Sweden; Stockholm, Sweden; Vaxjo, Sweden (Outgoing Program)
|Dates / Deadlines:|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2015||04/06/2015 **||Rolling Admission||06/27/2015||07/28/2015|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Number of Credits:||3||Field of Study:||HEALTH, HEALTH CARE ADMINISTRATION|
|Minimum GPA:||Good Academic Standing with WKU||Faculty Leader:||English, Gary, Ramsing, Ron|
Students will visit historical sites and health care institutions in three cities where they will have the opportunity to interact with healthcare providers and local consumers of healthcare while learning about healthcare access as well as the diverse roles of healthcare providers. Students will explore the healthcare of vulnerable, invisible populations while comparing and contrasting the universal healthcare model in Sweden to the emerging Affordable Care (ACA) found in the U.S. today.
HCA 347 (3-6 credits): International Comparison of Healthcare Systems
- Graduate student in good standing (Graduate Catalog p. 30)
- Undergraduate students with 3.2 cumulative GPA or good standing in the Honors College.
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
- Students must complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. We suggest you start this application process immediately and respond to all emails promptly.
Click on Program Details for the most up-to-date information: