Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: Amazing Argentina: Exploring Communication & Culture
Buenos Aires, Argentina (Outgoing Program)
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Summer||2018||04/01/2018 **||Rolling Admission||05/26/2018||06/16/2018|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
|Number of Credits:||3||Credit Type:||WKU Credit|
|Field of Study:||COMMUNICATION STUDIES||Minimum GPA:||Good Academic Standing with WKU|
|Program Catagory:||WKU Faculty Led||Faculty Leader:||Meredith, Rita|
|Colonnade Credit:||Yes||Class Eligibility:||1. Freshman, 2. Sophomore, 3. Junior, 4. Senior|
AMAZING ARGENTINA: EXPLORING COMMUNICATION AND CULTURE
Develop intercultural communication skills and learn about culture in the most fascinating city in South America…Buenos Aires. Wander the bustling streets and grand avenues of the city and then explore the numerous historic neighborhoods. Experience the enchanting nightlife that the cosmopolitan city is famous for, tango clubs, cafés and world-class theaters, as well as travel the countryside and ride horses with South American Gauchos. Visit beautiful Mendoza, home to the foothills of the amazing Andes Mountains and the largest wine producing area in Latin America.
Students will engage in the Latino culture, intellectual curiosity, personal responsibility, critical thinking, self-awareness, and culture sensitivity. The homestay experience is an excellent way for Spanish cultural immersion and yet still have coursework is in English.
This study abroad experience fulfills Colonnade credit and offers a variety of cultural activities and excursions to help you adapt in an increasingly global world.
View the program video here.
Rita Meredith - firstname.lastname@example.org
COMM 263 (3 Credits): Fundamentals of Communication & Culture
-Counts as Colonnade Connections: Social & Cultural
-Honors credit available
Upon completion of this course, the student should be able to:
- To understand the role and impact of culture on the communication process
- To apply major intercultural theories and concepts to everyday communication
- To learn about the world outside yourself and your impact on it
- To develop competence in intercultural communication
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply. Students from outside WKU may participate as visiting students.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Full payment prior to departure is required.
- Students must complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. We suggest you start this application process immediately and respond to all emails promptly.
Click on Program Details for the most up-to-date information: