Western Kentucky University
|Homepage:||Click to visit|
|Program Sponsor:||CCSA- Cooperative Center for Study Abroad|
|Restrictions:||WKU applicants only|
Glossary entry for program parameter 10006Number of Credits:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10008Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10013Field of Study:
|ENGLISH, GEOGRAPHY||Program Catagory:||WKU Partner Program|
Scotland: City & Highlands June 22 - July 7, 2018
Program Base Price: $2,899 - $2,999 *
Estimated Airfare: $899 - $1,099 *
Dates: June 22 - July 7, 2018
Scholarships: Yes (see scholarships page)
* Prices estimates based on summer 2017 program. Final prices will be published by September 15, 2017 on the CCSA website.
Small and independent, Scotland holds a unique place in the history of the British Isles. CCSA’s 2018 program combines city and country as it provides students with a variety of two-week classes that explore various aspects of Scotland’s romantic past and dynamic present. Participants will experience Scotland’s two great cities –Edinburgh and lively Glasgow– and gain a richer understanding of Scotland’s distinctive geography and culture in the beautiful Highlands.
The schedule includes six full days in Edinburgh, four days in the Scottish Highlands, and four full days in Glasgow. Urban accommodations will be in university residence halls with en-suite rooms, while hotels will be used during the Highlands journey. The program ends just as the London Summer Program begins, so students may continue to London for another CCSA course.
The program ends just as the London Summer and London Mid-Summer Programs begins, so students may continue to London for another CCSA course.
The price of this CCSA program includes:
- en suite accommodations in twin rooms (Edinburgh & Highlands) and single rooms (Glasgow)
- edinburgh bus pass and Glasgow subway/bus pass
- health and emergency evacuation insurance
- program excursions, course-related activities and entrances
- daily breakfast and some additional meals
Optional Group Travel:
A GROUP TRAVEL OPTION through CCSA is available at additional cost and includes:
- Round trip air transportation from one of CCSA’s designated US departure cities.
- Round trip ground transportation between the destination/departure airport(s) and the accommodation sites.
Earth Science / Environmental Science / Geography / History
English / Literature / Creative Writing / Interdisciplinary
Film / Media Studies / Communication / English