Western Kentucky University
Programs > Brochure
*WKU Faculty Led: PMBA - Business and Culture of Spain
Madrid, Spain; Seville, Spain (Outgoing Program)
|Restrictions:||WKU applicants only|
|Term||Year||App Deadline||Decision Date||Start Date||End Date|
|Spring||2019||10/15/2018 **||Rolling Admission||TBA||TBA|
** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.
Glossary entry for program parameter 10006Number of Credits:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10008Credit Type:
Glossary entry for program parameter 10013Field of Study:
|BUSINESS, BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, BUSINESS MANAGEMENT||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10004Minimum GPA:
|Good Academic Standing with WKU|
|Program Catagory:||WKU Faculty Led||
Glossary entry for program parameter 10016Faculty/Program Leader(s):
|Hatfield, Bob, Trawick, Michelle|
|Colonnade Credit:||No||Class Eligibility:||5. Graduate, Doctoral Student|
PMBA - BUSINESS AND CULTURE IN SPAIN
This immersive experience should increase the cultural sophistication of students and add to their skills as leaders.
- PEOPLE: To learn about both differences and similarities between the (or other nation) and Americans.
- BUSINESS: To learn about both differences and similarities between the people of Spain (or other nation) and the US in terms of how they operate, and view, their businesses.
- TAKE-AWAY IDEAS FOR INNOVATION:To identify the ideas, innovations, and applications observed in Spain (or other nation) which might lead to innovations and opportunities for doing business in the US.
- INSIGHT TO IMPROVE YOUR INTERNATIONAL SKILLS:To identify insights which could lead to an improved ability for the student to work and collaborate with people and businesses originating from outside the US. This could include working here with individuals who are from foreign countries and/or working on an international assignment or trip themselves
Dr. Bob Hatfield - email@example.com
Dr. Michelle Trawick - firstname.lastname@example.org
BA 580 (1 credit hour) - Contemporary Issues in Business: Business and Culture of Spain
Pre-requisites: BA 510: Advanced Organizational Behavior. The 1 credit hour course (BA 580) serves as an elective in the MBA program.
This course is only open to PMBA students.
Student Eligibility - Program leaders may determine stricter eligibility requirements, but at a minimum, all applicants earning credit in a program would meet these requirements:
- PMBA Graduate student in good standing.
- Permission of the instructor.
- Current WKU student eligible to register for WKU courses may apply.
- Students must be 18 years of age or older at time of departure (parent/guardian permission for anyone under 18 at time of departure).
- Students must possess passport valid for at least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must be free of active disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs.
- Students must complete all pre-departure orientations.
- Students must complete the Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. We suggest you start this application process immediately and respond to all emails promptly.
- No current disciplinary sanctions as verified by the WKU Office of Student Conduct.
- Students who become ineligible to attend the program after applying due to disciplinary sanctions will be subject to standard program cost penalty rates. Students are responsible for notifying the Office of Study Away when they become aware of this ineligibility. For eligibility questions pertaining to disciplinary sanctions, students should contact the WKU Office of Student Conduct.
- All students studying abroad are required to pay $150 application fee.
- Students must select program on TopNet and pay $250 deposit to finalize admittance process.
- Full payment prior to departure.
Click on Program Details for the most up-to-date information: