DUE GRANDI CORSI & LA DOLCE VIDA - PHOTOGRAPHY IN ROME, ITALY
With Rome as our classroom, students will learn basic and more advanced concepts of photographic storytelling through a hands-on approach while discovering the immense beauty of one of the greatest cities ever known.
Students will receive 6 credit hours in this program. One 3-hour course offered by WKU and one 3-hour course offered by The American University of Rome (AUR). Ask Dr. Langton about course equivalencies. For more information on AUR: www.aur.edu/
Dr. Loup Langton - email@example.com
Andre Dowell (Assistant Leader)
WKU course: JOUR 131 - Intro to Photography (3 credits)
AUR course: TBD
Upon completion of JOUR 131, the student should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to create a photograph that combines strong aesthetics and storytelling content through the use and creation of the following:
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional production and post-production values that includes grounding in ethical decision-making
- Demonstrate a level of engagement with Rome and its inhabitants by producing work that focuses on its society, culture, history and people
- Demonstrate basic teamwork abilities by working as part of a collaborative photography team for the final project
- Demonstrate a basic understand of storytelling by conceiving and producing photographic content that conveys assigned story values
- Demonstrate an ability to gather information for and to write strong captions
- Demonstrate knowledge of the post-production process including being able to work at a basic level in Photoshop
Program leaders may determine stricter eligibility requirements, but at a minimum, all applicants earning credit in a program would meet these requirements:
- Current WKU student eligible to enroll in WKU courses OR students from outside WKU may participate as non-degree seeking student,
- Good academic standing as defined in the Undergraduate Catalog or Graduate Catalog,
- A minimum of 18 year of age at time of departure,
- No current disciplinary sanctions as verified by Judicial Affairs,
- Students who become ineligible to attend the program after applying due to disciplinary sanctions will be subject to standard program cost penalty rates. Students are responsible for notifying the Office of Study Away when they become aware of this ineligibility. For eligibility questions pertaining to disciplinary sanctions, students should contact the WKU Office of Student Conduct.
- Students must complete Study Abroad & Global Learning application process prior to being registered in this course. All students studying abroad are required to pay $150 SAGL application fee,
- Students must select program on TopNet and pay $250 deposit to finalize admittance process,
- Student must possess passport book valid for a least six (6) months after return date.
- Students must complete pre-departure orientations,
- Full payment prior to departure, and
- Permission of instructor(s) is required.
Click on Program Details for the most up-to-date information: