World Topper Scholarship
The World Topper Scholarship is administered by Global Learning and International Affairs (GLIA) with the goal of providing financial support to students pursuing credit-bearing global learning experiences, including study abroad and faculty-led programs in the US. WKU is committed to encouraging students from diverse backgrounds to participate in global learning experiences and through the World Topper Scholarship, GLIA seeks to advance this institutional commitment by increasing access to these opportunities for underrepresented students.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must meet all of the following criteria:
While the following are not requirements, priority will be given to students who meet the following criteria:
- Degree-seeking WKU student, SKYCTC Joint Admission student, or Gatton Academy student
- Not employed by WKU in a benefits-eligible faculty or staff position (part-time and student employees are eligible for the scholarship)
- Be in the process of applying through the GLIA application for the indicated credit-bearing experience
- Have thoughtfully developed a service project to share your global learning experience with others
The World Topper Scholarship aims to support the pursuit of credit-bearing global learning experiences for students who have traditionally been underrepresented in study abroad. Examples include:
- Demonstrated financial need
- First-time study abroad experience
- Participating in a WKU Faculty-Led Program or WKU Exchange Program
- Identify with one of the below underrepresented groups in study abroad
- Application submitted by the priority deadline
- Strong connection between the selected program and personal, academic, and career goals
Service Project Requirement -
- Ethnic & Racial Diversity
- First-Generation College Students
- Non-Traditional (25 years of age or older)
- Students from Rural Counties, including the Appalachian Region
- STEM Majors
- Students with a Registered Disability
If you are awarded a World Topper Scholarship, you will be required to complete at least one service project that helps to promote global learning to WKU students to be completed during or after your program.
Notification and Disbursement Timeline - Award notifications typically go out 1-2 weeks after the scholarship deadline. Recipients receive their scholarship through TopNet in their program term. Funds are disbursed with other financial aid on the date indicated by the Office of Student Financial Assistance for the given term.
- Click the "Apply Now" button above.
- Select the term of your program.
- Complete the application form and agree to the scholarship terms.
- Submit your application by the stated deadline or as soon as you are able.